App requires iPhone OS 4.0 or later
This is a "no nonsense" app designed to save time and increase productivity.
The basic features of this app include:
Ability to form groups:
- The groups are dynamic in that everything is changeable, including the members of the group (someone moves or new members are added), group icon, description of the group, and custom signature for each group.
- Create groups with 2-100 members.
- App allows you to pick which phone number and email to use as a default, but you are also able to customize each member's information. This is all saved by the app and does not have to be re-entered.
Ability to broadcast text and/or email:
- Option to select only certain members of a group to text and/or email.
- Option to select all members of a group to text and/or email.
- Simple user friendly interface which allows you to text and/or email quickly with minimal steps.
- The opening screen allows you to instantly see and choose which group you would like to text and/or email.
- You may have multiple group screens.
- The "+" sign at the top right allows you to make new groups.
- The standard view is the Icon View, but you can also view all your groups in the List View (see below).
- The List View allows you to Search or Scroll, which is helpful when you have greater than 15-20 groups.
- The List View also has the "+" sign which allows you to create new groups.
- At the bottom right of the Icon View and List View screens is the Settings button (see below).
- The Settings allows you to set up a default signature that will accompany all group texts or emails if there is nothing is put in the Signature box of each individual group you create.
- You can erase the Default Signature if you don't want a Signature at all.
Please Note: When the text or email comes up, the cursor will always be behind the signature (this is an Apple OS 4 issue which is beyond our control). If this bothers you, then you may want to erase all signatures so you can simply start typing without having to reposition the cursor.
- You can set the Default Phone Label. This is where the Text 'Em app will obtain the phone number from your contact list. The "mobile" is the default as this is where most texts will be sent. If you have utilized the "iPhone" designation in your contact list, you will be able to update the contact when chosen so that Text 'Em always uses the correct number.
- You can set the Default Email Label. Please check to see if your email already has a signature so that you don't get duplicate signatures.
- After hitting the "+" button from either the Icon View or the List View, the New Group screen will be displayed.
- When creating a New Group, you are able to chose your icon, name the group, provide a description of the group, and set a signature for the group.
Choose Icon: See below the list of artistic icons available for use.
Chose Photo: You can go to your photos and choose an icon you would like displayed,
i.e., family photo to designate your family group.
Take Picture: You can take a picture to use as your icon, i.e., picture of office to use as a work group.
- Next you will need to provide a Name for the new group.
- You can provide a description of the new group.
- For example, if your new group was "Family", the description might be "Kids" or your last name, i.e, "Smith".
- Next you can have each text/email go out to this particular group with its own signature, i.e., "Dad" or "Mom" for the above examples.
- These are available artistic icons available for use.
- Examples include:
Friends, Church, Office, Clubs, Family, Ideas, Projects, School, Sports, Work, etc.
- Once an individual group is selected, the screen displaying all of the current members pops up.
- The bottom of the screen reveals several commands:
The Aa is the icon for texting.
The Envelope is the icon for email.
The Aa / Envelope allows Text and Email broadcasting.
The "Contact +" allows you to add a member to the current group.
The "Contact x" allows you to delete a member from the current group.
- After selecting either Text, Email, or Text/Email, the following screen will appear.
- In the above example, "Select All" was selected.
You may either Select All or select individual members. You may also Select All and unselect member(s) if that is faster.
- In the above example, when "Sent Text" is selected, the entire selected group will be sent to SMS text for your message to be typed.